Hey, team! Did you know that is it almost the middle of October? How on earth did that happen? Sorry it’s been a bit since I last posted, but it’s been a whirlwind of wedding planning and life!
Here’s a little mini-wedding update since the last time I posted:
- We officially got the bridesmaids dresses and shoes in! I tried on those of my sister and MOH, Renee Locher, and couldn’t be more excited! I won’t leak the details, but I can tell you what they don’t look like. This:
- We registered! The scanner gun is the best thing ever. Next stop is Macy’s and Home Depot. And yes, in case you’re wondering, Home Depot was Chip’s idea, but I am equally pumped. My main want on the list? A staple gun for a reupholstering project I’ve had my eye on. Stay tuned.
- The most giddiness-inducing of all… we took engagement pictures! My fabulous friend, Jessica Henry, is extremely talented and shot some incredible photos. She’s a seriously dedicated friend for waking up before the crack of dawn (literally) for a vintage travel themed shoot and being the third-wheel all day. I’m still waiting on the final photos, but here is a small preview! Can’t wait to share the rest with you later this week!
- And finally, the most important of all… we house/apartment/condo/duplex/shack-hunted! It was absolutely overwhelming but oh so exciting. More on that in a future post. Hopefully I will have good news and lots of fun to share about where I will do all sorts of crafting and redoing of old, thrifty finds! Maybe I can even give a bit of advice on the “first-time-as-an-engaged-couple-looking-for-a-home” business. We laughed.
WeI cried. We even almost bought a house. What?
And in other news, here’s a little mini-life update while I’m at it:
- I have awesome clients at See.Spark.Go… I had the chance in the past month to go to the following places/do the following things, all of which were awesome:
1. Visit San Francisco for literally 24-hours for the Aha Moment Tour wrap party and take a tour of the city in this fine ride:
3. Visit the Boosterthon Fun Run at a local school in Athens and seriously get fired up about the EPIC Adventure they are going on all over the nation.
- I love living in the Yellow House with my two roommates. They are always so relaxed, loving and clean up after themselves. Yes, please.
- I saw Wicked this past weekend for the third time and still am absolutely in love with it. It was such a fabulous bachelorette party for one of my dearest friends. I never fail to tear up in Defying Gravity.
Allright – now that I feel like I have updated you a bit on life, I can get back to the proper details of all things planning, crafting and cooking.
For now, anyone have any great honeymoon suggestions? We’re thinking we would like to go all-inclusive and want to pick the perfect place!