I’ve got some big news!
We have a house!!! Remember my post about home-hunting? Well, we officially have a place to live! As we drove past it the other day, it all became real when we saw this sign…
After much discussion, the fiance’s parents have decided to purchase a house in Athens for us to rent! They eventually would love to retire in Athens, so this is a great option. Also, they will be able to rent to others after we move away (which I highly doubt I’m going to want to move away from this house):
It’s a beauty! Now, all I can do is think about all the lovely ways I will fill the rooms! I simply just can’t wait!!!
What was your first home like? Any suggestions about how to make it “ours”?
Hey, team! Did you know that is it almost the middle of October? How on earth did that happen? Sorry it’s been a bit since I last posted, but it’s been a whirlwind of wedding planning and life!
Here’s a little mini-wedding update since the last time I posted:
- We officially got the bridesmaids dresses and shoes in! I tried on those of my sister and MOH, Renee Locher, and couldn’t be more excited! I won’t leak the details, but I can tell you what they don’t look like. This:
Do people actually wear these things?
- We registered! The scanner gun is the best thing ever. Next stop is Macy’s and Home Depot. And yes, in case you’re wondering, Home Depot was Chip’s idea, but I am equally pumped. My main want on the list? A staple gun for a reupholstering project I’ve had my eye on. Stay tuned.
- The most giddiness-inducing of all… we took engagement pictures! My fabulous friend, Jessica Henry, is extremely talented and shot some incredible photos. She’s a seriously dedicated friend for waking up before the crack of dawn (literally) for a vintage travel themed shoot and being the third-wheel all day. I’m still waiting on the final photos, but here is a small preview! Can’t wait to share the rest with you later this week!
- And finally, the most important of all… we house/apartment/condo/duplex/shack-hunted! It was absolutely overwhelming but oh so exciting. More on that in a future post. Hopefully I will have good news and lots of fun to share about where I will do all sorts of crafting and redoing of old, thrifty finds! Maybe I can even give a bit of advice on the “first-time-as-an-engaged-couple-looking-for-a-home” business. We laughed.
We I cried. We even almost bought a house. What?
And in other news, here’s a little mini-life update while I’m at it:
- I have awesome clients at See.Spark.Go… I had the chance in the past month to go to the following places/do the following things, all of which were awesome:
1. Visit San Francisco for literally 24-hours for the Aha Moment Tour wrap party and take a tour of the city in this fine ride:
2. Attend Catalyst in Atlanta and Passion University Tour in Athens to “love on some Jesus”.
3. Visit the Boosterthon Fun Run at a local school in Athens and seriously get fired up about the EPIC Adventure they are going on all over the nation.
- I love living in the Yellow House with my two roommates. They are always so relaxed, loving and clean up after themselves. Yes, please.
- I saw Wicked this past weekend for the third time and still am absolutely in love with it. It was such a fabulous bachelorette party for one of my dearest friends. I never fail to tear up in Defying Gravity.
Allright – now that I feel like I have updated you a bit on life, I can get back to the proper details of all things planning, crafting and cooking.
For now, anyone have any great honeymoon suggestions? We’re thinking we would like to go all-inclusive and want to pick the perfect place!